Sentry Slim Multi-Surface
The rugged Sentry Slim Multi-Surface RFID tag was designed specifically for tracking insulated electrical cables.
Engineered with easy installation in mind, the Sentry Slim Multi-Surface RFID tag is designed to fit into a plastic cable marker. It can also be applied directly to cables with diameters of at least 0.5 inches via vinyl heat shrink or clear electrical tape. A read range of 10-12 feet on cables provides complete, accurate readings for all your cable tracking needs.
The Sentry Slim Multi-Surface RFID tag solution also excels on assets embedded in metal, making it ideal for laptops and a range of other IT assets.
Sample Sentry Slim Multi-Surface Applications
- Insulated power cables
- IT assets
Sentry Slim Multi-Surface Features & Benefits
- Read distances of 10-12 feet on cables
- Easy installation using plastic cable markers
- Can also be installed using vinyl heat shrink or clear electrical tape
- Additional data storage: 96-bit EPC memory plus 512-bit user memory
- Excellent read performance on other metal-embedded assets
Sentry Slim Multi-Surface Specifications
- Dimensions: 36.3mm X 10.9mm X 2.88mm (1.43” x 0.43” x 0.11”)
- Use Case: On insulated power cables, other metal embedded assets with appropriate testing and evaluation
- Attachment: Plastic cable marker, vinyl heat shrink or clear electrical tape
- Weight: 2 grams (tag alone)
- Typical Read Range: 8 – 10 feet at 36 dBm ERP, on cable
- Frequency: 902-928 MHz
- IC Platform: Alien Technology Higgs3
- IC Memory: 96 bit EPC, 512-bit user memory
- Classification: IP67
- Operating Temperature: -50°C to +85°C (-58°F to +185°F)
- Temperature Tolerance: -50° C to +185° C (-58°F to +365°F)*
*Vizinex tags survive hundreds of cycles of exposure to temperatures in the tolerance range. Vizinex tags can survive limited exposure to higher or lower temperatures. Call for more information.
About the Sentry Platform
Vizinex RFID’s Sentry™ line of high performance, cost-effective, and application-specific RFID tags are based on a printed circuit board platform. This well-established manufacturing process offers unsurpassed reliability and consistency in read range performance. At the core of the tag is a fiber-reinforced composite material that gives the Sentry its innate ruggedness. The innovative, patented tag design enables fast prototyping and affordable customization – essential to the expanding requirements of the RFID industry.