Company Background & Milestones
Underpinned by decades of RFID experience, Vizinex RFID is the brainchild of Sandra Garby and Bob Oberle, two longtime leaders in the industry.
Oberle, Vizinex’s CTO, has developed numerous unique RFID solutions, and has been awarded 17 patents, with nine more pending. Garby, now VP of Operations at Vizinex, led the implementation of production and quality systems that have produced millions of tags for a broad range of applications, from the U.S. Passport Card and windshield labels to specialized tags for DNA samples for the FBI.
The pair founded RCD Technology, Vizinex’s precursor company, in 2001. After more than a decade of evolution, RCD reorganized as Vizinex RFID in 2012, after a decision was made to focus effort on the field of asset tagging, where Vizinex’s rugged, high-performance tags have significant competitive advantages.
Today, the entirely U.S.-based firm has found a powerful marketplace position as a flexible, responsive provider of RFID solutions that meet clients’ unique requirements in a timely, cost-effective fashion. We provide both “off-the-shelf” and custom RFID tags – as well as RFID consulting services – for applications including IT, rental equipment, rental and oil field capital assets, and containers.
Vizinex serves both public and private sector clients, including Fortune 500 companies and the U.S. military.
Vizinex RFID Corporate Milestones
- Vizinex RFID’s predecessor, RCD Technology, is founded as an inlay design and manufacturing company. Its stated mission is to design and build unique RFID products to customer specifications.
- RCD Technology commercializes its patented antenna material and inlay assembly processes to secure its place in the market and to set a standard for excellence in custom RFID solutions.
- The company secures Series A funding, enabling it to increase product design and production capabilities, and move to a 5,000 square foot facility in Quakertown, Pennsylvania.
- With partner RadiantRFID, the firm introduces a high-reliability UHF wristband for Emergency Evacuation applications used for the state, municipal and first responder customers.
- Introduction of VizinexSecure™, a unique, tamper-evident feature rendering an RFID tag useless if tampered with or damaged
- ISO 9001:2000 certification secured for Quakertown manufacturing facility
- More than 4 million UHF pre-lams are produced for U.S. Passport Cards
- Year-over-year revenue grows more than 400 percent as a result of product innovations and technology deployments
- Introduction of Sentry-M™, the first in a family of asset tracking tags for metal IT assets, reusable transport items and cargo containers
- The only mount-on-metal asset tracking RFID tag to meet FSTC requirements for 860-960MHz frequency band is developed
- RCD Technology is reorganized as Vizinex RFID
- The new Vizinex brand and several new standard products are introduced at the RFID Journal Show
- OEM development projects in medical devices, oil equipment and tire manufacturing are initiated
- Vizinex moves to new quarters in Allentown, Pennsylvania
- Vizinex tags are chosen by the Department of Veterans Affairs for pilot deployments of RFID asset tracking programs
- OEM RFID products in medical devices and oil equipment go into production
- New equipment investment upgrades Vizinex’s production capacity, capability and flexiblity